Monday, July 31, 2006

Zac Poonen

Zac PoonenHow then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
and how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard?
and how shall they hear without a preacher?
and how shall they preach, except they be sent?
even as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that bring glad tidings of good things!
Romans 10:14 - 15

In that day, when we all stand before Him, I shall recall the day when I was acquainted with a man. A man whose words extended beyond the comfortable hum of many a preacher. Among the rows of golden vessels empty, a lone earthen vessel brimming over. All things in love done, the point sometimes blurred to my eyes; but a gift is he. Close, yet distant. Simple, yet sharp. Valued, yet humble. For I have seen in him, the striving for perfection. "Follow me, as I follow Christ," he says. Not many akin to him, alas. Will what I witness, stir me on? Or shall I deny what I beheld on that day, when the things hidden shall be seen, the purposes of the heart disclosed? I shall not, and not be able to.
For I am among the several, who breathed in this sweet aroma of Christ to God. And as he walks, his life I thank God for, and he I call 'The Man With Beautiful Feet'.

This write is dedicated to my dear, brother Zac Poonen . Thank you for the example you are.

Zac PoonenSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Anna said...

Keith, This is just awesome my love. Absolutely true of our Bro Zac.

wez said...

very nice bro:-)

 


Creative Commons License
Blog by Keith Browne is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.