Monday, July 03, 2006

The New Suit

All other ground is sinking sand

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that hath mercy.

Unable to stand, down for the count, being sucked in to the mire I cried out to Him. He saw me, sinking, my mouth filling up with the crud, the stench overpowering like a drug. There I feel His grasp and its warm and He yanks me out. Now I stand and He has this spotlessly clean suit and here I am, how do I even hug Him to thank Him, I’ll get Him all dirty!

But… but… why is He embracing me? Can’t He see that I have become one with the grease and filth and there’s vermin crawling out my ears? But He doesn’t make me feel rotten.

He says, “Come now, and let us reason together”. I say to myself “’Reason together?’ I’m filthy! I know this suit of mine can never be as clean”.

And He washes me of my muck, great globs of dirt dropping off and here I am now, spotless! And then He fits me in with His own suit!

He tells me “There! That looks better, than what you had on earlier.” And He smiles and turns to walk away. I reach out and He turns around. Did He know I was going to say “thank you”? And I say it.

And He tells me "Keep watch! I come unannounced, like a thief. You're blessed if, awake and dressed, you're ready for me. Too bad if you're found running through the streets, naked and ashamed."

Nope. I’m going to keep this suit on. I’ll be ready.

The New SuitSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

 


Creative Commons License
Blog by Keith Browne is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.